Senin, 21 Maret 2016

Heres a project I thought about making a long time ago and they forgot about. Last week I ran across this harp and was reminded of my door harp idea. Its a good idea to take pictures of interesting wood things you see throughout the day. They may inspire you to build something.
There are a lot of different ways to make a door harp. I kept mine simple, using only three strings. Making the box was easy. What gave me the most trouble was figuring out a way to attach the strings. I looked at a number of methods that guitars and other stringed instruments use and then browsed around the music store to see what I could come up with. Aside from being expensive, most people dont want to hunt down specialty parts for a weekend woodworking project. So I came up with a method or tightening and tuning the strings using a nut and a bolt.
If you would like to try this one out, heres a PDF template you can download and print out.
*****